To acquaint and equip the students with processing and handling of fruits and vegetables to
minimize the post harvest losses and also to facilitate the design features of the equipments used
for the processing
This course is aimed to equip students for developing engineered solutions and efficient management practices that can protect and conserve the vital natural resources viz. soil and water.
The objectives of the course are;
- to study the causes of erosion, how to reduce erosion and other forms of soil degradation by using land in accordance with its capabilities.
- to help students in gaining knowledge about appropriate soil and water conservation measures to restore the productivity of the soil where it has been damaged.
- to earn knowledge on combining sound methods of soil management with other methods
and inputs of modern agriculture to obtain satisfactory production on a
This course is intended to provide students with basic understanding of the theory and practice of engineering surveying and levelling techniques. Helps the students to apply the knowledge gained from theoretical surveying to practice and it is expected to gain valuable insight into surveying and levelling after completion of the course.Main objectives are;
- To introduce the principle of surveying.
- To impart awareness on the various fields of surveying and types of instruments.
- To understand the various
method of surveying and computation required in the field of agriculture.
To impart knowledge on various production and manufacturing processes and equipments.
- To acquaint with the basis of energy transfer (thermodynamics) and its application to farm power and agricultural processing techniques
- To understand the constructional details of IC engines and its working principles, particularly of diesel and petrol engines of tractors and power tillers.
This course is to impart knowledge about machines / implements for plant protection, intercultural operation, harvesting and threshing and testing of farm machines. Also provide knowledge on ergonomics and to analyze ergonomically the farm machines to develop farmer friendly equipment
To make the students aware on the various basic aspects of energy use, its environmental impact, different classifications of energy sources and on major renewable energy sources and technologies.The course includes1. Introduction to energy
2. Solar Energy
3. Wind Energy
Introduction to high level languages - Introduction to C - History of C – Development environment of C- structure of C program- C tokens & keywords- Primary data types, Variables, constants, character constants, length of data types, header files – use of header files. C operators, building and evaluating arithmetic expressions, type conversions, type casting; Relational operators, logical operators. Standard library functions. Input statement, output statement, formatted output; importance of documentation. Decision making – branching, if statement, Nested if, switch statement, go to statement. Looping – while, do- while, nested loops, for loop, nested for loop, break, continue statements.
Arrays, one dimensional array representation, sorting, searching. Two dimensional arrays – matrix representation, matrix operations. String arrays, representing strings, string operations, string library functions. User defined functions, passing arguments, returning values, recursive functions, storage class, scope and visibility of variables, local & global variables. User defined data types, structures, unions, arrays of structures, structures in user defined functions.
Introduction to pointers, passing arguments by address using pointers- pointer representation of arrays, Dynamic Memory allocation functions, self-referential structures, Linked lists, Insertion, deletion operations of linked lists, applications of linked lists, Stacks, push/pop operations, Queues – deletion/insertion of queues.
This course is intended to give the students, a foundation in Artificial intelligence and related topics. Through the theory and practical sessions of the course, the students will be exposed to AI programming techniques and it applications in agriculture, industry, healthcare and other areas.COURSE CONTENTS
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
- Programming using Python
- State Space Problem Search
- Knowledge Representation
- Optimization and Uncertainty
- Learning, Neural Network and Natural Language Processing