This course is intended to create fundamental knowledge and skills of the students within the different areas of soil science to enhance their professional skills.
The aim of the course;
-To familiarize the students with the origin of soil, different soil forming processes and different soil taxonomy orders
-To identify and describe soil physical, chemical, and biological properties and processes
that affect agricultural and non-agricultural land use and management
This course of mechatronics includes different control systems associated sensors and
output signals, modelling, robotics and improve the related problem solving skills.
- To acquaint and equip the students with different aspects of water quality, standards, analysis, decontamination, and management aspects.
The objectives of this course are to enable students;
1. To set out any agricultural engineering work and to prepare estimates.
2. To have a thorough idea regarding the quality and quantity of materials, quantity and classes of skilled and unskilled labours and tools and plants required for the project.
3. To calculate the exact quantities of items of work done for affecting payment
4. To develop themselves as entry level graduate engineers competent to manage any agricultural
engineering project confidently either alone or jointly.
This course is intended for enabling the students to get a detailed understanding of various water harvesting techniques and water conservation structures.
The main objective of this course is;
-To familiarise the water harvesting techniques based on source, storage and use and also introduce the soil and water conservation structures.
-To impart awareness on the design requirements, planning for design, design procedures
such as hydrologic, hydraulic and structural design and stability analysis of different
- To understand the basic concepts for planning, design, and management of land drainage works in cultivated areas
- To study the various methods of land drainage and its impact on the environment